Midwest Technical Institute and Delta Technical College 2017-2018 Regional High School Welding Competition
Start your journey to becoming a welder! The MTI and DTC Regional HS Welding Competition is an invite-only competition for motivated high school seniors who want to prove that they have what it takes to be a Journeyman Welder.
All participants in the regional welding competitions in Mississippi, Illinois or Missouri will receive a $500 scholarship. Participants will also have the opportunity to enroll in one of or Delta Tech or MTI’s Journeyman Welder Programs. Our welding programs provide skills and hands-on training geared to meet the tough demands of today’s employers.
The objective is for our students to gain entry-level employment across the country in the manufacturing, construction and maintenance fields. The certifications we issue give our graduates maximum employability potential in the welding industry.
What can I expect at the MTI DTC Regional HS Welding Competition?
- A timed welding project to be completed by each participant and judged before a panel
- A fun, family-oriented event where participant’s friends and relatives are invited to come and watch you compete
- Admission and Financial Aid Representatives available to answer your questions
- Demonstrations and networking with experts from the welding industry
- A tour of campus and vendor booths
- An awards ceremony concluding the competition and announcing the scholarship winners
What are the scholarship amounts?
Scholarships will be presented to the top 3 participants in each region!
- First Place: $10,000 scholarship
- Second Place: $5,000 scholarship
- Third Place: $2,500 scholarship
All participants will receive a $500 scholarship!
When and where is the MTI DTC Regional HS Welding Competition?
When: March 24, 2018
Where: Delta Technical College’s Horn Lake, MS campus
When: April 7, 2018
Where: Midwest Technical Institute’s Springfield, MO campus
When: April 28, 2018
Where: Midwest Technical Institute’s East Peoria, IL campus
For full details of the event and accommodation recommendations, please contact your local campus High School Representative at (800)-333-5264
Note: Delta Technical College (DTC), together with its Midwest Technical Institute, Inc. (MTI) division are offering the Welding Competition Scholarship Program to promote ongoing commitment to skilled trade education. All scholarships awarded through the Welding Competition must be used at one of our DTC or MTI campus locations. Scholarships cannot be exchanged for cash. See official terms and conditions for details.