DTC offers x-ray certification for dental assistants. The main objective of the Dental Radiology Seminar is to provide students with the fundamental principles of dental radiology and provide students dental x-ray certification.
Upon completion of the seminar, participants will receive a certificate of completion. The certificate and application will be sent to the Mississippi State Dental Board. Assistance is given to participants at the end of the seminar with filling out and submitting the state application online.
Upon successful completion of the Radiology Seminar, participants will be eligible to apply for their Radiology Permit Holder Certification through the Mississippi State Board of Dental Examiners.
How to Register
In order to register, participants must fill-out the registration form in full.
2024 Seminar Dates:
Horn Lake 2024:
- January 19th (FULL) (Changed to February 9th due to inclement weather)
- May 17th
- September 20th
- November 15th
- February 9th
- May 24th
- August 30th
- October 25th
Payment options for registration fees include Credit Card, Checks or Money Order. Payment must be payable to Delta Technical College in the amount of $150.
Registrants should complete the forms above and contact your local DTC campus to make payment arrangements.
For additional information, please contact your local DTC campus.
Please note: The one-day seminar is limited to 8 participants per seminar. Enrollment will be accepted on a first-come, first-pay basis only.
For additional resources on re-certification contact the *Mississippi State Board of Dental Examiners.
*Please note that the following documents are needed when submitting your Radiology Permit Application to the Mississippi State Board of Dental Examiners: BLS CPR card, photo ID, passport sized picture, your course completion certificate from the seminar, and the application fee.
- Hours: 1 day / 8 hours (3.5 hours of lecture/video followed by an exam, 1 hour lunch break and 3.5 hours of hands-on training in the dental lab taking X-rays)
- Completion: Certificate of completion
Dental Radiology Seminar Curriculum
- Brief history of radiographs
- Quality of x-rays (how to produce quality radiographs)
- Film exposures (what causes errors on the film)
- Bisecting principle and technique
- Paralleling principle and technique, including a full-mouth radiographic survey and bite-wing series
- Special radiographs on various patients, including occlusal, pediatric, edentulous, endodontic radiographs and special needs/compromised patients
- How to mount x-rays
- Common radiograph errors that occur during exposure
- Storage of radiographs
- Legal implications
- Infection control
- Prevention of cross contamination
- Hands-on clinical setting instruction