Cosmetology Program Overview
Delta Tech’s Cosmetology Program provides students with entry-level skills relating to hair, nails and skin with an emphasis on hygiene, sanitation, customer relations and salon management.
Cosmetology classes at Delta Tech provide the student with theory and skills training in basic haircutting, hair styling and hair coloring. Cosmetology training also includes nail and skin care education.
After completing Delta Tech’s cosmetology school, the graduate will be able to perform the basic facial, including but not limited to, masks, specialized facials and manual care. The graduate will also leave with confidence in manicuring, pedicuring and advanced nail services. He/she will also have a working knowledge of industry sanitation and disinfection practices.
*Not all programs and courses are available at all campuses.
- Cosmetology Orientation
- Cosmetology Sciences
- Cosmetology Sciences I
- Hair Care
- Hair Care I
- Nail Care
- Nail Care I
- Skin Care
- Skin Care I
- Croquignole Curling
- MS Rules and Regulations
- Cosmetology Sciences II
- Cosmetology Sciences III
- Salon Management
- What is a cosmetologist?
- According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, “cosmetologists provide haircutting, hairstyling and a range of other beauty services.” *www.bls.gov
- How much do cosmetologists make?
- The median hourly wage for hairdressers, hairstylists, and cosmetologists was $11.66 in May 2016. Cosmetologists may receive tips from customers. High quality work and customer service usually contributes to greater tip totals. *www.bls.gov For more information on the median earnings of Delta Tech program graduates who received federal aid, visit our Gainful Employment Disclosures.
- Where can I work as a cosmetologist?
- Cosmetologists work mostly in a salon, although some work in a spa, hotel or resort. Some lease booth space from a salon owner, others manage salons or open their own shop after several years of experience. *www.bls.gov
- Are cosmetologists in demand?
- The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts the job outlook for hairstylists and cosmetologists will increase by 11% from 2016 to 2026. *www.bls.gov
- How much does cosmetologist training cost?
- For more information on Delta Tech program costs, visit our Gainful Employment Disclosures.
Cosmetology at Delta Technical College
Get a glimpse into the Cosmetology Program at Delta Tech.
Delta Technical College offers a variety of financing options to qualifying students. Financial Aid Representatives are available at each of our campuses to assist you. Please contact your nearest Delta Tech campus today to learn more.
For information about our graduation rates, program costs, the median debt of students who completed this program and more, please click on a campus below to see our Gainful Employment Disclosure.
Cosmetologists provide hair, nail, skin and beauty services to clients. As cosmetologists become more experienced and gain clientele, they may find themselves managing a salon or deciding to open their own. Others become sales representatives or image consultants.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts the job outlook for Cosmetologists will increase by 11% from 2016 to 2026. *www.bls.gov
Delta Tech is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools & Colleges (ACCSC).
Delta Tech is approved by the United States Department of Education to participate in the Federal Financial Aid Program.