Industrial, Commercial & Residential Electrician Program Objectives
The Industrial, Commercial & Residential (I/C/R) Electrician Program provides students the skills and training necessary to gain entry-level employment in the electrician industry.
The electrician program provides a series of hands-on exercises as well as classroom instruction. Delta Tech’s electrician trade program teaches students basic electrical theory, mathematics, wiring, load calculations, motors and electrical controls. Students also learn field and shop safety.
The objective of Delta Tech’s electrical training is for students to gain entry-level employment as an electrician, electrician’s helper or electrical apprentice.
*Not all programs and courses are available at all campuses
- Electrical Theory
- Electrical Mathematics
- Wiring / Blueprints
- NEC 2 / Lighting
- Load Calculations / Motor Controls
- NEC 3 / Motor Controls
- Load Calculations / Alarms
- NEC 4 / HVAC
Which Schools Offer Electrician Training?
Electricians install, maintain and repair electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures. Electricians ensure that work is completed in accordance with relevant codes. Duties may include installation or service of street lights, intercom systems, or electrical control systems.
Qualified electricians can work as electricians, maintenance electricians, journeyman electricians, inside wiremen, control electricians, electrician technicians, industrial electricians or journeyman wiremen.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts the job outlook for electricians will increase by 9% from 2016 to 2026. *www.bls.gov
Delta Technical College offers a variety of financing options to qualifying students. Financial Aid Representatives are available at each of our campuses to assist you. Please contact your nearest Delta Tech campus today to learn more.
For information about our graduation rates, program costs, the median debt of students who completed this program and more, please click on a campus below to see our Gainful Employment Disclosure.
What is an electrician?
- According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, “Electricians install, maintain, and repair electrical power, communications, lighting, and control systems in homes, businesses, and factories.” *www.bls.gov
- How much do electricians make?
Where can I work as an electrician?
- Electricians work in a variety of environments both indoors and outdoors, including in homes, businesses, factories, and construction sites. Due to the travel between different worksites, local or long-distance commuting is often required.
Are electricians in demand?
- The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts employment of electricians is projected to grow 9% from 2016 to 2026. *www.bls.gov
How much does electrician training cost?
- For more information on Delta Tech program costs, visit our Gainful Employment Disclosures.
Delta Tech is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools & Colleges (ACCSC).
Delta Tech is approved by the United States Department of Education to participate in the Federal Financial Aid Program.