CDL Training Course Overview
The 20-day CDL (commercial driver’s license) Training Course teaches students procedures and techniques through hands-on experience and classroom theory. Through Delta Tech’s CDL training, students will learn how to correctly and safely perform required skill standards and be trained for an entry-level position.
Delta Tech’s CDL course will help prepare the student to pass the state licensing exam and obtain a CDL with the issuing state. The CDL classes provide the student knowledge of the issuing state’s CDL, driver safety, air brakes, combination vehicles, log books, trip planning, public and employee relations requirements.
Upon meeting completion requirements of the course, the student is entitled to a certificate of completion.
*Not all programs and courses are available at all campuses.
• State CDL Knowledge
• Driving Safety
• Air Brakes
• Combination Vehicles
• Log Books
• Trip Planning
• Public and Employee Relations
Week 2-4: Range, Road & Remedial
• Reading and Interpreting Control Systems
• Pre-trip Vehicle Inspections
• Post-trip Vehicle Condition Reports
• Shift Execution
• Backing, Parking and Docking Procedures
• Coupling and Uncoupling Trailers
• Managing and Adjusting Vehicle Speed
• Managing and Adjusting Vehicle Space Relations
• Identifying Potential Driving Hazards
• Performing Emergency Maneuvers
• Identifying and Adjusting to Extreme Driving Conditions
• Planning Trips and Recording & Maintaining Hours
CDL Truck Driver FAQ
- What is a CDL truck driver?
- According the Bureau of Labor Statistics, “most tractor-trailer drivers are long-haul drivers and operate trucks with a gross vehicle weight (GVW) capacity exceeding 26,000 pounds. These drivers deliver goods over intercity routes, sometimes spanning several states.” *www.bls.gov
- How much do CDL truck drivers make?
- The median annual wage for heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers was $41,340 in May 2016. *www.bls.gov
- Where can I work as a CDL truck driver?
- According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, “most heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers’ routes are assigned by a dispatcher, but some independent drivers still plan their own routes. Some drivers have one or two routes that they drive regularly, and others drivers take many different routes throughout the country. Also, some drivers have routes that include Mexico or Canada.” *www.bls.gov
- Are CDL truck drivers in demand?
- The Bureau predicts the job outlook for heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers will increase by 6% from 2016 to 2026. *www.bls.gov
- How much does CDL training cost?
- The total cost of the CDL Training Course is $4,000.
Financial assistance is not available for the CDL Training Course.
CDL Truck Driver Careers
CDL school prepares the student to begin a career as a truck driver. According the Bureau of Labor Statistics, “most tractor-trailer drivers are long-haul drivers and operate trucks with a gross vehicle weight (GVW) capacity exceeding 26,000 pounds. These drivers deliver goods over intercity routes, sometimes spanning several states.” *www.bls.gov
The Bureau predicts the job outlook for heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers will increase by 6% from 2016 to 2026. *www.bls.gov
CDL Vehicles Include: Dry Vans, Tankers, Flatbeds, Dump Trucks, Low Boys, Cargo Containers, Livestock Trucks, Drop Decks, Cement Trucks, Grain Trucks and Wreckers
Delta Tech is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools & Colleges (ACCSC).
Delta Tech is a member of the Commercial Vehicle Training Association (CVTA).