A majority of students accepted to Delta Technical College (DTC) receive some type of financial aid or assistance.
Since DTC is not a traditional college, there is no deadline to apply for federal funding, grants or other kinds of financial assistance. Prospective students can apply for financial aid at any point prior to their selected program’s official start date.
Contact your local DTC campus for more information or to complete an application.
Federal Grants and Loans
Federal Financial Aid forms are available online at https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa.
When filling out your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid), be sure to use the appropriate income tax year. Once you’ve completed it, sign, date the FAFSA and then return it to Delta Tech. The school code for Delta Technical College is 033683.
- Visit StudentAid.gov for more information.
- More information on student loan financing options at DTC is available here.
- More information on federal student aid, including FAFSA, is available here.
Access Your 1098-T
Students who previously attended or currently attend DTC can access their 1098-T tax statement through the Student Portal. If you need assistance logging into the Student Portal, please contact your Student Success Specialist.
2024-2025 FAFSA Changes
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is changing in 2024-25, and DTC is here to help.
The FAFSA typically opens annually on October 1st, but the overhaul of not only the form itself, but also the processing system has pushed the FAFSA availability. The FAFSA will become available by December 31st, 2023. DTC will announce when the 2024-2025 FAFSA becomes available.
The Financial Aid Team at DTC is ready and available to help you navigate the changes to the FAFSA, and put together this guide to help answer some of your questions.
What if I already filled out my FAFSA?
If you have already filled out the FAFSA, you will simply need to add our school code.
- Go to https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa
- Click step three to “add or delete a school code”
- Enter Delta Technical College’s school code: 033683
- DTC will contact you once we have received your information
DTC is approved for the following Federal Grant and Loan programs:
*Available to students who qualify
- Federal Pell Grant William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan Programs
- Federal Direct Subsidized and Unsubsidized Stafford Loan (Student)
- Federal Direct PLUS Loan (Parents of Dependent Students)
Other funding options:
Students may look into outside financial funding on their own, such as a private loan from a bank.
- More information about financing options is available here.
WIOA (Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act):
According to the Mississippi Department of Employment Security (MDES), the Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act (WIOA) is designed to help job candidates access employment, education, training, and support services to succeed in the labor market and to match employers with the skilled workers they need to compete in the global economy. For more information visit MDES.
Student Loan Frequently Asked Questions:
Exit Counseling Requirement
A Direct Loan student borrower who is graduating, leaving school, or dropping below half-time enrollment is required to complete Exit Counseling.
- Visit StudentAid.gov and log in using your FSA ID
- Click on Complete Loan Counseling and then select Exit Counseling
- When selecting a school to notify, you will choose Midwest Technical Institute in Springfield, IL (this is the main campus for MTI/DTC)
- Complete the online Exit Counseling session all the way up until you see a confirmation page (please allow 20-30 minutes to complete)
- Keep this confirmation page for your records
- The Financial Aid office at your DTC campus will be automatically notified you have met this requirement
Cohort Default Rate
Horn Lake, MS campus most recent cohort default rate is 0%. Ridgeland, MS campus most recent cohort default rate is 0%.
*Most recent cohort default rate data from 2020