Student Complaint Procedure Student Grievance Review Board Procedure
A student of Delta Technical College seeking redress through grievance regarding attendance, academics or conduct must first attempt to resolve the matter informally by following the chain of command.
- The student must first speak with their instructor.
- If the matter is not resolved at that point, the student can request to meet with the respective Program Director.
- If the issue is still unresolved, the student can request to meet with the Director of Education.
- Should the issue remain unresolved, the student must submit a written request for a meeting with the Grievance Review Board within 5 working days of the initial documented concern at the appropriate address (see addresses section below.)
The request for the meeting must state the following:
- Name of the grievant
- Program the grievant is enrolled in
- Name of the program instructor
- Current address and phone number of the grievant
- Statement of the grievance, including what resolution is being sought and any supporting documentation
Student Grievance Review Board Addresses
6550 D. Interstate Boulevard
Horn Lake, MS 38637
113 Market Ridge Drive
Ridgeland, MS 39157
Issues remaining unresolved at the institutional level may be directed to the following, depending on campus location and/or program. More information is available in the course catalog (see below).
- MS Commission on Proprietary Schools and Colleges
- *Tennessee Higher Education Commission: Division of Postsecondary State Authorization
- Mississippi State Board of Cosmetology
MS Commission on Proprietary Schools and Colleges
3825 Ridgewood Road
Jackson, MS 39211
*Tennessee Higher Education Commission: Division of Postsecondary State Authorization
312 Rosa L. Parks Ave, 9th Floor
Nashville, TN 37243
Mississippi State Board of Cosmetology
3000 Old Canton Road, Suite 112
P.O. Box 55689
Jackson, MS 39296
*Ridgeland, MS campus is not accredited with Tennessee Higher Education Commission. Any person claiming damage or loss as a result of any act or practice by this institution that may be a violation of the Title 49, Chapter 7, Part 20 or Rule Chapter 1540-01-02 may file a complaint with the Tennessee Higher Education Commission, Division of Post secondary State Authorization.