DTC to Resume Classes Week of March 30th Through Online Learning Environment
March 31, 2020 –Delta Technical College (DTC) is committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of our students, faculty, and staff. Although currently there are no confirmed cases of coronavirus (COVID-19) at DTC, we are hereby taking the following preventative steps to reduce the spread of this virus:
Classes will resume online the week of March 30-April 3, unless otherwise communicated.
- Current students: For information on resuming class online, including online program start dates, please click here. Your instructor will be reaching out to you individually to prepare you for the online learning platform.
- We do understand that there will be varying situations regarding your access to the online platform, and our team will be here to assist you on an individual basis. DTC staff will be working to ensure that current DTC students who are close to graduation are work force ready as soon as possible.
- While we know that we cannot replace all the hands-on training you receive at the campus, we are working in conjunction with the publishers of your textbooks to offer an interactive online environment for each program*.
- *Current CDL Course and Professional Truck Driving Program students: Your instructor or another member of campus staff will be reaching out to you individually with more information on your class return dates, as they may differ from the above plan.
All DTC campus locations are currently closed, but DTC staff will continue to be available.
In order to continue supporting both current and future students, DTC staff will continue to work remotely.
- During this time, DTC is offering virtual (phone and/or video) appointments. If you currently have an appointment scheduled with a DTC Admissions or Financial Aid Representative, DTC will be in contact with next steps.
DTC’s goal is re-open campus for students to return to class on Monday, April 13th, but we are unable at this time to predict with certainty that we will.
- DTC assures you that when that time comes, we will be available for you and focused on getting you ready for the workforce.
- Any extension of class cancellations or closure of campuses will be posted on our website: DeltaTechnicalCollege.com
DTC remains committed to sharing information and addressing questions following this critically important message.
- If you are a current student, no action is required, but if you have questions or concerns, please reach out to your Campus President or Director of Education.
- If you are DTC faculty and/or staff, you will be contacted by your direct supervisor and/or Campus President with more information.
For a list of local & national resources available in your campus location community during Coronavirus (COVID-19) please visit: https://www.deltatechnicalcollege.com/community-events/
- For the latest updates on DTC class cancellations or campus closures, please visit our website: DeltaTechnicalCollege.com.
- To get the latest news and information on Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) visit: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
DTC will continue to follow the guidelines offered by the Center for Disease Control (CDC), as well as the Mississippi Department of Health (MDH), the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), and the county health department guidelines for each campus location.
DTC takes the health and safety of our students, faculty, and staff very seriously, and will continue to thoroughly clean and sanitize all campus locations per CDC guidelines.
About Delta Technical College
Delta Technical College (DTC) offers hands-on training in a number of career fields, including mechanical trades, allied health, transportation and cosmetology to help students succeed as members of today’s rapidly-changing workforce. Delta Technical College, along with its sister school, Midwest Technical Institute, operates six campuses across the Midwest and Mississippi Delta regions. For more information, visit www.DeltaTechnicalCollege.com.