As a show of support for our local community high school sports, Delta Technical College (DTC)’s Ridgeland campus is proud to be an official sponsor of the WJMI Athlete of the Week!
Athletes from metro-area high schools will be nominated based on their overall athletic performance during the week. You can nominate an athlete by clicking here. The Athlete of the Week winners will receive on-air recognition on WJMI and will be added to a drawing.
At the end of the 2019-2020 athletic school year, a drawing will be held from all the weekly winners names, and the winner of the drawing will receive $500 to be donated to their high school on behalf of WJMI and DTC!
You can also checkout our YouTube playlist, where we post 1-1 video interviews with the winners! We ask each athlete fun and interesting questions to get to know more about them.
Congratulations to the winners!
- Week 1: Kentavion Hogan, Wingfield High School, Basketball (Watch Q&A)
- Week 2: Kessimmie Brent, Crystal Springs High School Basketball, Softball & Track
- Week 3: Patrick Wilkerson, Northwest Rankin High School, Football
- Week 4: KeKe Nichols, Pearl High School, Basketball (Watch Q&A)
- Week 5: Keondre Montgomery, Forest Hill High School, Basketball (Watch Q&A)
- Week 6: Daeshun Ruffin, Callaway High School, Basketball
- Week 7: Jakayla Johnson, Warren Central High School, Basketball
- Week 8: Joshua Hubbard, Madison-Ridgeland Academy, Basketball
- Week 9: Isaiah Patrick, Richland High School, Basketball (Watch Q&A)
- Week 10: Phoebe Xu, St. Andrews High School, Soccer
- Week 11: Jaqwone Curry, Wingfield High School, Basketball
- Week 12: Sade Thompson, Jim Hill High School, Basketball