Delta Technical College, an established career college with campuses throughout the Midwest and Mississippi Delta region, is seeking a Full-Time Cosmetology Instructor for our Horn Lake, Mississippi campus.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to train students for entry level employment in the workforce. The Cosmetology Instructor will teach students in a classroom and clinical lab setting. Delta Technical College believes that hands-on learning is the greatest benefit that instructors can provide to its students.
Job Duties Include:
• Adhere to approved policies and procedures in the conduct of all instructional activities.
• Develop instructional plans and manage the daily routines of a competency-based education.
• Be efficient with planning time by using that time to make copies, lesson plans, posting attendance and grades.
• Begin class on time in an orderly, organized fashion.
• Provide an appropriate, intellectually stimulating instruction, based on the unique abilities of each student.
• Be courteous to and approachable by students.
• Supervise and coordinate clinical/lab activities.
• Assess students’ progress in achieving requirements in theory and practice through classroom activities and grading, lab competencies and student evaluations.
• Use effective motivation to help stimulate a personal desire to learn the curriculum.
• Assist with disciplinary actions related to students’ academics, attendance or conduct.
• Provide additional assistance to students who may be struggling.
• Assist with placement of students, offering reference letters and resources for student placements.
• Attend Professional Advisory Board Meetings, Graduation Ceremonies, monthly program and staff meetings, open houses, “instructor training”, and other required functions.
• Join or maintain membership to a professional organization pertaining to the professional responsibilities of DTC and attend conferences for this professional organization as needed.
• Maintain CEU’s as required by your professional organization.
• Must be a licensed cosmetology instructor for the State of Mississippi.
• Have strong organizational skills and a genuine sensitivity to the needs of the students.
• Have the ability to stand for long periods of time during lecture and clinical time.
• Knowledgeable of the course content and proficient in all skills taught within the program.
• Competent, as evidenced by satisfactory performance of skills, of all competencies taught in curriculum.
• Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include Excel and skills in database management and record keeping.
• Preparation in educational theory and techniques preferred. This can include formal education, continuing education and/or in-service education.
• Faculty will be selected according to their knowledge and ability as well as their academic credentials.
• Have a professional attitude and manner that reflects the high standards of DTC and the program you represent.
Payment and Compensation:
We offer a competitive wage and compensation packages.
Delta Technical College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.