Delta Technical College (DTC) is committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of our students, faculty, and staff during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. During this time, we strive to provide any assistance we can to our community. DTC has compiled the below list of community resources available to assist students and their loved ones.
This list of DTC Student Resources includes local and national information on food resources, home and utilities, transportation, educational resources, mental health and more.
Food pickup for Families and Children
Meals will be distributed March 23 – March 27 between 11am – 1pm (under the age of 18)
- CS (Board of Education Lot) — 160 South Hollywood St.
- SCS (Messick Admin. Building Lot) — 703 Greer St.
- Berean Baptist — 1666 East Raines Rd.
- Breath of Life SDA CHURCH — 5665 Knight Arnold Rd.
- Benjamin L. Hooks Library — 3030 Poplar Ave.
- Hollywood Library — 1530 N. Hollywood St.
- Life Church — 3683 Austin Peay Hwy.
- Life Church — 255 N. Highland St.
- Memphis Public Library/Crenshaw Branch — 531 Vance Ave.
- Memphis Public Library/Frayser Branch — 3712 Argonne St.
- Memphis Public Library/Levi Branch — 3676 3rd St.
- Memphis Public Library/North Branch — 1192 Vollintine Ave.
- Memphis Public Library/Raleigh Branch — 3157 Powers Rd.
- Memphis Public Library/Whitehaven Branch — 4120 Millbranch Rd.
- Next Level Cathedral of Praise — 1581 Ball Rd.
- Pearly Gates Church — 531 S. Parkway E.
- Promiseland Church — 3430 Overton Crossing
- Robinhood Lane Baptist Church — 3804 Kimball Ave.
- Southbrook Mall — 1212 East Shelby Dr.
- Paul Church — 2124 Holmes Rd.
- Adamsville Elementary
- Adamsville High
- Bethel Springs Elementary
- McNairy Central High
- Michie Elementary
- Ramer Elementary
- Selmer Elementary
- Selmer Middle
- A. Harrold Elementary, 4943 West Union
- Millington Middle School, 4964 Cuba Millington
- Millington Elementary, 6455 William Osteen Dr.
- Aycock Park, 7330 Renda St, Millington
DeSoto County Schools will serve free drive-thru grab and go meals weekdays March 18 until further notice for all children 18 and under at the following locations from 10 a.m. to noon. No ID is required but a child must be present to claim their meal. Adults can purchase a meal for $3. Exact change is required.
- Horn Lake Intermediate, 6585 Horn Lake Rd.
- Southaven Intermediate, 175 Rasco Rd.
- Chickasaw Elementary, 6391 Chickasaw
Marshall County Schools is providing free meals for students from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. starting March 19 at the following locations:
- Byhalia High School
- Galena School
- W. Byers School
- Potts Camp High School
North Panola South District is serving grab-and-go meals beginning March 19 for children 18 and under. No ID is required. Call 662-526-5544 or 662-487-2497 with the number of meals needed and the location where they’ll be picked up. Meals will be given out Monday through Friday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the following locations.
- Como Primary, 2200 Lewers Dr., Como
- Green Hill Intermediate School, 799 W. Pearl St., Sardis
- North Panola Achievement Academy, 108 W.C. Franklin St., Crenshaw
Tunica County School District will serve pickup-and-go meals beginning March 19 until further notice. They are free to children 19 and under. Adult meals can be purchased for $3.75.
- Distribution is from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Tunica Middle School Cafeteria driveway. Children must be present to receive the meals, which include breakfast and lunch
Oxford School District will continue to provide meals to students during the temporary closure of schools throughout the Oxford-Lafayette community. Families can visit these sites March 17 – 27, weekdays from 9 a.m. to noon. Adults can also purchase meals for $2 at the following locations:
- Oxford Middle School: 222 Bramlett Blvd.
- CB Webb Townhomes: 2223 Delores Dr.
- Brittany Woods Subdivision: Highway 6
- Wayne Johnson Apartments: 900 Molly Barr Rd.
- Western Hills Area: Near Anchorage Rd.
- Oasis Church: 861 MS-6 West
South Panola Schools is providing meals starting March 19 from 10 a.m. to noon at the following locations:
- BES and BIS students go to Atwell Street Bus Line
- BMS, BJHS and SPHS students go to SPHS bus line
- Pope students go to Pope bus line
Mid-South Food Bank Mobile Pantry Distributions
- Memphis- NCC North, 785 Jackson Ave. 38107 9 a.m.
- Recipients must pre-register ahead of time at https://www.ncclife.org
- Memphis, Shady Pres. Church, 5530 Shady Grove Rd. 10 a.m.
- Memphis, Inglesia Nueva Direccion, 3097 Knight Rd. 10 a.m
- Fayette County,TN- New Mt. Zion, 13510 N. Main St. in Sommerville 10 a.m.
- Memphis, Springdale MBC, 1193 Springfield 38108 9 a.m.
- Memphis, Downtown Church, 430 Vance Rd. 10 a.m.
- Memphis, Inglesia Nueva Direccion, 4944 Winchester Rd. 10 a.m.
- Memphis, Greater Harvest Church, 3509 Boxdale 38118 10 a.m.
- Memphis, SLIM House, 1130 College St. 38106 11 a.m.
- Memphis, NOW-CC, Broad 2861 Broad St. 10 a.m.
- Memphis, NOW-Desalud, 1068 Cresthaven 10 a.m.
- Memphis, KROC Center, 800 E. Parkway 10 a.m.
- Memphis, Iglesia Nueva Vida 1348 National 38112 10 a.m.
- Memphis, NOW-CC Frayser 969 Frayser Blvd. 10 a.m.
Food available for Families and Children
- Brinkley Heights Baptist Church pantry located at 3277 Rosamond Avenue, Memphis, TN 38122, call (901) 458-0617 for questions. Clothing and food bank. Volunteers may also deliver a meal to a senior citizen in the parish.
- Calvary Episcopal Church located at 102 N. Second Street, Memphis, TN 38103, call (901) 525-6602, the location runs a soup kitchen and provides free meals and food.
- Generous House – Life Church located at 1790 N Germantown Pkwy in Cordova, TN 38016, call (901) 751-0095 for hours. Currently Monday & Wednesday 9:30am, 2nd and 4th Thursday of the month. Food pantry and clothing closet.
- HeartLand Hands Inc. Food Pantry located at 385 Stateline Road West, Southaven, MS 38671. Call 662-280-5365 or visit http://www.heartlandhands.org/. HeartLand Hands, Inc. is one of the largest food pantries in DeSoto County. The pantry is stocked with canned goods, staple goods, wipes, cleaning supplies, hygiene items and many other grocery items. All food distributed is free. Heartland Hands, Inc. is open on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10am -1pm. New applications and re-evaluations must be seen before 12:30pm.
- Burger King: Current offers include BOGO – 2 free King Jr meals with any purchase on the BK app or online.
- Sonic: Kids meals are $1.99 all day every day through April 30th
Ask about Student Discounts
Use your Student ID badge. You might be able to score some discounts and freebies! Participation varies by location.
- Arby’s – Save 10% at participating locations.
- Buffalo Wild Wings – Save 10% at participating locations.
- Burger King – Save 10% at participating locations.
- Chick-fil-A – Get free drinks with a meal purchase at participating locations.
- Chipotle – Get free drinks with a meal purchase at participating locations.
- McDonald’s – Save 10% at participating locations.
- Pizza Hut – Save 10% at participating locations.
- Subway – Save 10% at participating locations.
- Waffle House – Save 10% at participating locations
- Scholastic Learn at Home: Day-by-day projects to keep kids reading, thinking & growing (designed for grades K-9) visit: scholastic.com/learnathome
- Matr: 25 fun math activities and games for kids to do free at home visit: https://matr.org/blog/fun-maths-games-activities-for-kids/
- Learn in Color: Book lists, history & science resources, math resources & other activities visit: https://learnincolor.com/about-me
- ABC Mouse: Full online curriculum for children ages 2-8 offers a free 30-day trial visit: abcmouse.com
Free Internet with Comcast
- Call 1-855-846-8376 or visit internetessentials.com/covid19
For more information on filing unemployment in Mississippi due to Coronavirus (COVID-19) please visit the Mississippi Department of Employment Security website.Local resources for the Desoto County, Mississippi and Memphis area:
- Aldi – Part time and Full-time jobs. Hiring Immediately in Memphis and Mississippi Areas. Some positions starting $12.00 hour and Up. Apply online.
- Dominos – Hiring in Horn Lake and Southaven. Apply online.
Resources Available for Single Mothers
- Single Mom Coalition (Resources-Support-Benefits). For eligibility requirements visit: https://singlemomcoalition.com/registration
Financial Support During Coronavirus COVID-19
- Where to Find Financial Support During Coronavirus COVID-19: https://www.thesimpledollar.com/financial-wellness/coronavirus-financial-assistance/
Financial Assistance for Tipped & Service Workers
- ONE FAIR WAGE – Emergency Coronavirus Tipped and Service Worker Support Fund: https://ofwemergencyfund.org/
- Payment Deadline Extended to July 15, 2020. For more information visit: https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/payment-deadline-extended-to-july-15-2020
Mental Health & Counseling Services
- The National Child Traumatic Stress Network: nctsn.org
- Tips for coping with anxiety about Coronavirus (COVID-19): https://www.verywellmind.com/managing-coronavirus-anxiety-4798909
- Alcoholics Anonymous Phone Meetings: http://aaphonemeetings.org/
- 7 Cups Online Free 24/7 Chat Therapy & Counseling: https://www.7cups.com/
- Mindful Schools: Mindfulness Classes for Kids: https://www.mindfulschools.org/