Midwest Technical Institute, Inc. and its Delta Technical College division together (collectively, MTI and referred to as, Sponsor) offer a scholarship program (Program) to promote ongoing commitment to skilled trade education.
1. GENERAL. By accessing MTI’s websites, all persons applying to the scholarship program agree and accept the terms and conditions set forth below as may be amended and/or changed from time to time by Sponsor, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, including any and all descriptions and instructions regarding the Program and/or relating to the use of MTI’s websites. Applicants acknowledge and agree that Sponsor reserves the right and may, at its sole discretion, at any time and without prior notice, change, amend or delete any provision of these Terms and Conditions. Any such change, amendment, and/or deletion will become effective immediately when posted on MTI’s websites. Each Applicant acknowledges that it is Applicant’s sole responsibility to make himself or herself aware of any such modification by regularly checking MTI’s websites for notice of such modification to the Program’s terms and conditions. Applicant’s ability to participate in the Program and be awarded and retain a Scholarship Award is subject to Applicant’s compliance at all times with these terms and conditions as amended or modified and in effect at each such time.
2. PROGRAM PERIOD. The Program period begins at 12:01AM CST August 15th, 2022, and ends at 11:59 PM CST March 19th, 2023 (PROGRAM PERIOD).
3. ELIGIBILITY. The Program is open to legal permanent residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia. Applicants must possess a valid driver’s license or State ID; have a valid email address and be one of the following: a high school senior that will be graduating in the 2022-2023 academic year or a home school student who will complete an equivalent home school program in 2023. Employees, contractors, directors and officers of the Sponsor and their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, and their immediate family members (parent, child, sibling, and spouse of each) and those living in the same households of each are not eligible to apply. Failure of the Applicant to graduate at the close of the 2022-2023 academic year or failure of the Applicant to successfully complete a home school program in 2023 will disqualify the Applicant, invalidate their registration, and void any scholarship award. Applications may be voided, or the scholarship award may be rescinded at any time based on non-compliance with these terms and conditions as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. Any such voided award may, at the Sponsor’s discretion, be awarded to another qualified Applicant. Entry to Program is multistep process. Each step must be successfully completed. Entries, including but not limited to photos and video submissions, become the property of Sponsor, and will not be returned. Other conditions of participation are set forth below.
4. REGISTRATION. MTI currently operates six (6) workforce training schools with campuses in Illinois, Mississippi and Missouri. MTI may, from time to time, add additional school campuses. The campuses in Illinois and Missouri have a website under the Midwest Technical Institute name. This website can be found at www.midwesttech.edu. The campuses in Mississippi have a website under the Delta Technical College name. This website can be found at www.deltatechnicalcollege.com. The Sponsor will award scholarships per MTI campus from the following approved program list: Welding, Welding & Pipefitting, HVAC/R Technician, Industrial Commercial & Residential Electrician, Professional Truck Driving, Medical Assisting, Dental Assisting, Medical Coding Specialist, Medical Coding Specialist Hybrid, Massage Therapy and Cosmetology.
A scholarship awarded through the Program may be used at the MTI campus Applicant selected or upon request to, and approval by MTI, and at the sole discretion of MTI, may be used at another campus selected by Applicant. Sponsor is not responsible for ensuring that Applicants receive any notification or complies with any of the requirements of the Program. The Sponsor will review all applications for completeness and compliance with the Program rules, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Although Sponsor has no obligation to do so, Sponsor may notify Applicant of an incomplete submission prior to the close of any applicable submission period contemplated in these rules in order for Applicant to correct the submission.
To register, Applicants must complete an online registration form on the corresponding MTI website for the particular campus of their choosing. By submitting an online scholarship registration, each applicant automatically grants Sponsor the irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide right to use the information in the registration for all of Sponsor’s purposes. Limit: Only one online registration form submission is allowed per Applicant. The registration period begins at 12:01 AM CST August 15th, 2022 and ends at 11:59 PM CST March 19th, 2023.
5. VIDEO SUBMISSION AND INTERVIEWS. In order to complete the Program application process, applicants must submit an original video to MTI that is in compliance with all of the rules of this Program, and up to five minutes in length demonstrating how an applicant can benefit from a scholarship. Videos must be submitted through MTI’s Dropbox file request upload links specific to the campus selected on applicant’s registration form. Upload links will be provided to the applicant upon request via MTI’s website video submission page or to an MTI High School Admissions Representative. The period to submit required documents and videos and participate in interviews begins 12:01 AM CST August 15th, 2022, and ends 11:59 PM CST March 19th, 2023. All Applicants sign and submit a release for their video submission upon the submitting their online registration, which will give the Sponsor an irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use of the video submission in any media and for any of the Sponsors purposes. In addition, any person under the age of 18 who appears in the video must have the written consent of a parent or legal guardian. Additional releases are available upon request to MTI’s High School Admissions Representatives.
By submitting a scholarship application, each Applicant consents to the Sponsor (and their designated agents and affiliates) using all entry materials (including Applicant’s name, photo, and video) on the MTI’s websites and social media sites and pages.
The video may not contain any work (in whole or in part) which is the subject of a copyright or infringes upon the intellectual property rights of any third party or contain any other person aside from Applicant unless a written release is received from such person. Videos must not include anything that is inappropriate for publication (such as profanity, nudity, hate speech, illegal conduct, or gratuitous violence) as determined in the Sponsor’s sole discretion and must not contain music or infringe any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary property of any third party without the proper consents and licenses. All videos must address why applicant believes he/she should receive the scholarship award and must not have been submitted to any other competition or contest or have received an award prior to submission as an entry in this Program.
Once submitted, the video may not be modified, edited, or replaced by the applicant. Upon submission, the applicant grants the Sponsor the irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide right to display, reproduce, distribute, publish, and create derivative works of the video in any format or medium and for all the Sponsor’s purposes. The Sponsor shall have no liability in conjunction with the posting of Applicant videos, including but not limited to the quality of applicant videos as posted or the positioning of Applicant videos on MTI’s websites. Nonconforming videos will be disqualified from the Program. Submission by Applicant confirms that all releases, consents, and approvals have been obtained. If the Sponsor is notified or becomes aware that the video submission fails to conform to all Program and submission requirements, the Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify the video or rescind any scholarship awarded.
To complete the Program application process, Applicant must complete an enrollment interview with an MTI High School Admissions Representative and participate in a Financial Aid consultation. The enrollment interview and financial aid consultation can be completed in a virtual, phone, in-home or on campus appointment. Applicant must also participate in a videotaped 4 question interview with an MTI campus administrator for the campus selected on applicant’s registration form. The videotaped 4 question interview can be completed either virtual or on campus appointment. Applicant must arrange with their MTI High School Representative times to complete both interviews in order to have a completed application.
6. DETERMINATION OF SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS. MTI & DTC HS Scholarship Selection Committee will determine the scholarship winners based on their application video submission and video-taped interview. The Scholarship Selection Committee will select scholarship winners for each campus and determine the designated amount for each Recipient.
7. NOTIFICATION OF AWARDS. Scholarship Program Award Recipients (Recipient) will be notified on or about April 17, 2023. Within a specified time period, each Scholarship Recipient will be required to provide a photocopy of a valid driver’s license, and an assignment and transfer to the Sponsor of all Recipient’s rights of ownership and copyright in and to the submitted video and a consent for the Sponsor to use the name and photo of Applicants, as well as the video, in whole or in part and as edited by Sponsor, in all media for educational, commercial, marketing, promotional, and other uses any of the Sponsors or their agents or affiliates at their sole discretion without additional compensation to Recipient and without any prior review, notice, or approval by Recipient. Failure to timely return the required documents, or other materials, or the return of any notification as undeliverable for any reason, will cause the Recipient’s scholarship or application for scholarship to be void and withdrawn. An alternate Scholarship Recipient may be selected. If a Scholarship Recipient (or any individual appearing in a video) is a minor, all such consent, assignment, and transfer documents must be confirmed, ratified and signed by the parent or legal guardian of the Recipient. The names of the Scholarship Recipients will be announced on or about April 17, 2023 through MTI’s websites.
8. FORM OF SCHOLARSHIP AWARDED. The Scholarship Award will be given in the form of a credit to the Recipient’s student account with MTI to cover all tuition, books, tools, and fees in the preselected course. The Recipient must be enrolled in the preselected awarded course within one year from the date of notification or the Scholarship Award will be forfeited and the credit removed from their student account. Should a Recipient fail to attend and/or complete their selected course as required under the terms of MTI’s enrollment agreement, the Scholarship Award will be forfeited and any remaining credit removed from their student account. Scholarship award is not able to be used in conjunction with other internal or external scholarships. The scholarship cannot be exchanged for cash.
9. ADDITIONAL AGREEMENTS BY APPLICANTS AND THEIR PARENTS OR LEGAL GUARDIAN. By participating, Applicants on their own behalf, or if a minor, by their parent or legal guardian, agree to the following:
- Agree to these terms and conditions, and to the decisions of the Sponsor and their agents in all matters, including the voting process, relating to the Program, which decisions shall be final and binding in all respects;
- Release, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsors, and all of their affiliates, and their respective owners, directors, officers, members, agents, and employees, from any and all claims, liabilities, losses or damages of any kind whatsoever (including but not limited to the infringement of intellectual property or other rights of third parties or any liability as to failure of the Sponsor or its agents to screen or monitor finalists’ videos prior to posting online) resulting in whole or in part from their participation in the Program and the acceptance and use of any Scholarship Award;
- Consent (except where prohibited by law) to the use of Applicant’s name, likeness and location for advertising and publicity purposes by Sponsor, for promotion of skilled trade education, and for promotion by the Sponsor as they determine in their sole discretion; and
- Represent that the video submitted is their sole and original work and does not infringe the intellectual property right of any other party. Participants (if a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) agree that the Sponsor, and all of their affiliates, and their respective owners, directors, officers, members, agents, and employees, are not responsible for late, lost or misdirected entries or mail, or for error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, computer, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of or failure of the Sponsor and its agents to receive entries for any reason whatsoever or for any errors, mishaps or problems, regardless of the cause, in the voting process.
10. SPONSOR’S RIGHT TO CANCEL. In the event the Sponsor determines that the integrity of the Program has been impaired or corrupted for any reason and as a result cannot be offered or completed as planned, the Sponsor (subject to any governmental approval that may be required) reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel or terminate the Program and to select finalists from among eligible Applicants legitimately received prior to the event causing cancellation or termination or otherwise in a manner determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion to be fair, appropriate and consistent with these Terms and Conditions and notice of cancellation will be posted at each of MTI’s websites affected.
11. CHOICE OF LAW AND FORUM/LIMITATION OF DAMAGES. The Program shall be governed by and interpreted under the laws of the State of Illinois (that is, excluding choice-of-law/conflict-of-law principles) and any legal action concerning the Program shall be brought only in a state or federal court located in Peoria, Illinois. In all circumstances, a legal action must be brought individually, NOT as part of a class action and the participant (if a minor, the participant and/or his/her parent or legal guardian) will only be able to recover his/her actual out-of-pocket costs (if any) in conjunction with participation in the Program and expressly waives any right to all other damages including but not limited to compensatory, incidental, consequential or punitive damages.
12. OBTAINING COPIES. To obtain a copy of the list of Finalists and Scholarship Recipients (available after April 17, 2023) mail a self-addressed envelope to MTI & DTC HS Scholarship Program c/o Midwest Technical Institute, Inc. at 2731 Farmers Market Road, Springfield, Illinois, 62707. Please mark envelope “Finalists and Scholarship Recipients list.”
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF RECEIVING A SCHOLARSHIP. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. SPONSOR MAKES NO CLAIM THAT TAX LAW WILL OR WILL NOT APPLY TO THIS AWARD.
SPONSORS: Midwest Technical Institute, Inc., 2731 Farmers Market Road, Springfield, Illinois, 62707, www.MidwestTech.edu and its Delta Technical College division. www.DeltaTechnicalCollege.com