The course objective of the Journeyman Welder is for students to gain entry level employment in the welding field, as well as making each student a proficient pipe welder using SMAW and TIG processes, as well as teaching MIG & Fluxcore Welding, while providing skills for pipe welding and manufacturing.
The course also teaches field and shop safety, pipe fitting skills, and basic blueprint readings. Certain subjects may be taken out of numerical sequence to accommodate school class scheduling policies. The Journeyman Welder offers a greater scope of welding processes and allows more time to become polished in a certain specialty.
*Not all Programs and Courses are available at all of the campuses
- Properties of Metal
- Cutting Techniques of Metal
- Production Welding Techniques
- Safety Training / Cranes / Rigging
- Metallurgy / Vocabulary
- Basic Math / Basic Fitting Principals
- Bevel Plate 6010-7018 (SMAW)
- 6″ SCH. 40 pipe 6010-7018 (SMAW)
- 2″ SCH. 80 pipe 6010-7018 (SMAW)
- 6″ SCH. 40 pipe ER70s -7018 (GTAW)(SMAW)
- 2″ SCH. 80 pipe ER70s -7018 (GTAW)(SMAW)
- 1/2″ plate w/ backing strip (GMAW)
- 1/2″ plate w/ backing strip (FCAW)
- 3″ SCH. 10 stainless steel pipe 316 (GTAW) with purge
- Length: 30 weeks (7.5 months)
- Hours: 750 clock hours / 187.5 additional outside clock hours
- Credits: 27 semester credits
- Delta Tech is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools & Colleges (ACCSC).
- Delta Tech is approved by the United States Department of Education to participate in the Federal Financial Aid Program.
Journeyman Welder Careers
Delta Tech Welding graduates work across the country in manufacturing, construction, and maintenance fields. They are employed as boilermakers, pipefitters, structural welders, as well as in many other welding-related jobs. The certifications we issue give each graduate maximum employability potential in the welding industry, especially when it comes to food grade stainless steel pipe. Our training is geared to meet the tough demands of today’s employers.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts the job outlook for welders will increase by 4% from 2014 to 2024 *www.bls.gov, and the outlook for pipefitters will increase by 12% from 2014 to 2024. *www.bls.gov
Pipe Fitting Module Video
Watch the video to find out more on our 40 week Journeyman Welder II program, including pipe fitting.
Gainful Employment Disclosures
For information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed this program and other important information, please click on a campus below to see our Gainful Employment Disclosure.