Commercial Drivers’ License/Professional Truck Driving Instructors
Delta Technical College, an established career college with campuses throughout the Midwest and Mississippi Delta region, is seeking daytime and evening CDL/PTD Instructors for our Ridgeland, Mississippi campus.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to train students for entry level employment in the workforce. The CDL/PTD Instructor will teach students in a classroom as well as a hands on driving setting. Delta Technical College believes that hands-on learning is the greatest benefit that instructors can provide to its students
- Adhere to approved policies and procedures in the conduct of all instructional activities.
- Develop instructional plans and manage the daily routines of a competency-based education.
- Be efficient with planning time by using that time to make copies, lesson plans, posting attendance and grades.
- Begin class on time in an orderly, organized fashion.
- Provide an appropriate, intellectually stimulating instruction, based on the unique abilities of each student.
- Be courteous to and approachable by students.
- Supervise and coordinate class/range activities.
- Assess students’ progress in achieving requirements in theory and practice through classroom and range activities.
- Use effective motivation to help stimulate a personal desire to learn the curriculum.
- Assist with disciplinary actions related to students’ academics, attendance or conduct.
- Provide additional assistance to students who may be struggling.
- Assist with placement of students, offering reference letters and resources for student placements.
- Attend Professional Advisory Board Meetings, Graduation Ceremonies, monthly program and staff meetings, open houses, “instructor training”, and other required functions.
- Must have a valid state issued Commercial Drivers’ License.
- Must have a current Medical DOT Card.
- Relevant qualifications, training, and experience in the field of CDL, which must include, at a minimum, three-five years of work experience in the field.
- A clean Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) and successful completion of a background check.
- Have strong organizational skills and a genuine sensitivity to the needs of the students.
- Knowledgeable of the course content and proficient in all skills taught within the program.
- Competent, as evidenced by satisfactory performance of skills, of all competencies taught in curriculum.
- Preparation in educational theory and techniques preferred. This can include formal education, continuing education and/or in-service education.
- Have a professional attitude and manner that reflects the high standards of MTI and the program you represent.
- Join or maintain membership to a professional organization pertaining to the professional responsibilities of MTI and attend conferences for this professional organization as needed.
- Maintain CEU’s as required by your professional organization.
Payment and Compensation:
Delta Technical College offers a competitive wage and compensation package.
Delta Technical College is an equal opportunity employer.