Commercial Drivers’ License/Professional Truck Driving Instructor
Delta Technical College, an established career college with campuses throughout the Midwest and Mississippi Delta region, is seeking a full time CDL Instructor for our Ridgeland, Mississippi campus.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to train students for entry level employment in the workforce. The CDL Instructor will teach students in a classroom as well as a hand- on driving setting. Delta Technical College believes that hands-on learning is the greatest benefit that instructors can provide to its students
- Adhere to approved policies and procedures in the conduct of all instructional activities.
- Develop instructional plans and manage the daily routines of a competency-based education.
- Be efficient with planning time by using that time to make copies, lesson plans, posting attendance and grades.
- Begin class on time in an orderly, organized fashion.
- Provide an appropriate, intellectually stimulating instruction, based on the unique abilities of each student.
- Be courteous to and approachable by students.
- Supervise and coordinate class/range activities.
- Assess students’ progress in achieving requirements in theory and practice through classroom and range activities.
- Use effective motivation to help stimulate a personal desire to learn the curriculum.
- Assist with disciplinary actions related to students’ academics, attendance or conduct.
- Provide additional assistance to students who may be struggling.
- Assist with placement of students, offering reference letters and resources for student placements.
- Attend Professional Advisory Board Meetings, Graduation Ceremonies, monthly program and staff meetings, open houses, “instructor training”, and other required functions.
- Must have a valid state issued Commercial Drivers’ License.
- Must have a current Medical DOT Card.
- Relevant qualifications, training, and experience in the field of CDL, which must include, at a minimum, three-five years of work experience in the field.
- A clean Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) and successful completion of a background check.
- Have strong organizational skills and a genuine sensitivity to the needs of the students.
- Knowledgeable of the course content and proficient in all skills taught within the program.
- Competent, as evidenced by satisfactory performance of skills, of all competencies taught in curriculum.
- Preparation in educational theory and techniques preferred. This can include formal education, continuing education and/or in-service education.
- Have a professional attitude and manner that reflects the high standards of MTI and the program you represent.
- Join or maintain membership to a professional organization pertaining to the professional responsibilities of MTI and attend conferences for this professional organization as needed.
- Maintain CEU’s as required by your professional organization.