Official rules - DTC Cosmetology Student TikTok Video Contest
No purchase necessary to enter or win
DTC is challenging our Cosmetology students to show us what you got! Submit a TikTok of your best natural hair silk press for the opportunity to be featured on DTC’s TikTok channel and compete for the chance to be selected as DTC’s Cosmetology Creator of the Week!
These are the Official Rules for the Delta Technical College (DTC) Cosmetology Student TikTok Video Contest (“Contest”). The contest begins on November 10, 2021, and ends on December 31, 2021, at 12:00 p.m. Central time. The promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered, or associated with TikTok.
Contest is open to students currently enrolled in Delta Technical College (DTC)’s Cosmetology Program at the Horn Lake, Mississippi campus location. Not open to employees and immediate family members (spouse, parent, siblings, and children) of DTC, its directors, officers, employees, or agents. Immediate family members of DTC employees and the general public are ineligible to win Cosmetology Creator of the Week but may post a TikTok video.
How to Enter
To enter, student must:
- Post an original TikTok video using the hashtag #DTCCosmoContest showcasing a before and after of a Natural Hair Silk Press.
By posting a video using the contest hashtag, the entrant automatically confirms that he/she agrees to all official rules.
Video Entry Deadline
Deadline to enter is December 31, 2021, at 12:00 p.m. Central time.
DTC will select the winners of Cosmetology Creator of the Week from among all entrants who have complied with these Official Contest Rules.
Photo and Video Release
In consideration of being awarded Cosmetology Creator of the Week, winner hereby agrees and consents, without further authorization, compensation, or remuneration of any kind, to the use of the winner’s name, voice, picture, and/or likeness in any and all advertising, promotions and other publicity conducted by DTC.
Contest Video Details
- Entries must be submitted by an individual student. No teams.
- Each student must submit an original TikTok video using the hashtag #DTCCosmoContest
- Students must be currently enrolled in the Cosmetology Program at DTC’s Horn Lake, Mississippi campus.
- If a student graduates before the contest deadline, they are still eligible to enter. However, student must be currently enrolled on the date they submit their entry.
- Video may be up to 60 seconds. Minimum 15 seconds.
- Video must clearly show the before and after of applying a Silk Press to the natural hair of a client (no self-application).
- Students must demonstrate skills application in the video, meaning it must be clear in the video that it is the student who is applying the styling techniques, products, and tools.
- Student must clearly show the products and tools they are using, including blow dryer, flat iron, clarifying shampoo, hydrating shampoo, deep conditioner, and heat-protectant serum.
- Student will be judged on skills application, creativity, and before and after result. The result should show healthy, silky, and relaxed hair with lots of fluidity and movement.
- Students will also be judged on whether they are following proper sanitation and hygiene rules and regulations. This includes sanitation and hygiene rules being adhered to during the makeup application process, as well as having a clean and sanitary environment.
- Student(s) may use a smart phone to film the video and must be vertical format for TikTok.
- Multiple video submissions are allowed.
- Videos must not infringe the privacy or personality rights of any person.
- Students must comply with the Terms of Service of TikTok, which provides that in order to access or use the services the person must be 13 years or older, cannot make available material which is defamatory to any person, obscene, offensive, pornographic, hateful, racist, discriminatory, or inflammatory: https://www.tiktok.com/legal/terms-of-service?lang=en
- For information on TikTok’s intellectual policies: https://www.tiktok.com/legal/copyright-policy?lang=en
Entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and holds harmless and indemnifies DTC and TikTok, and each of their directors, officers, employees, or agents, against any and all liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), with respect to or arising from the entrant’s participation.