Educational institutions participating in the Principles of Excellence program agree to the following guidelines:
- Provide students with a personalized form covering the total cost of an education program.
- Provide educational plans for all military and Veteran education beneficiaries.
- End fraudulent and aggressive recruiting techniques and misrepresentations.
- Accommodate Servicemembers and Reservists absent due to service requirements.
- Designate a point of contact to provide academic and financial advice.
- Ensure accreditation of all new programs prior to enrolling students.
- Align institutional refund policies with those under Title IV, which governs the administration of federal student financial aid programs.
Foreign schools, high schools, on-the-job training and apprenticeship programs, residency and internship programs, and institutions that do not charge tuition and fees are not required to comply with the Principles of Excellence.
Please use our GI Bill®® Comparison tool to see if the school you are interested in attending participates in the Principles of Excellence program.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
Delta Technical College
Horn Lake, Mississippi Campus – 6550 D. Interstate Boulevard, Horn Lake, MS 38637 (662) 280-1443
Ridgeland, Mississippi Campus – 113 Market Ridge Drive, Ridgeland, MS 39157 (601) 206-5200
Horn Lake – E-mail : [email protected]
Ridgeland – E-mail : [email protected]
Principles of Excellence Executive Order
Establishing Principles of Excellence for Educational Institutions Serving Service Members, Veterans, Spouses, and Other Family Members
Costs in the 2014-15 year
Medical Coding Specialist- MC-$860*
Dental Assisting/Medical Assisting – DA-$389*/MA-$300*
Journeyman Welding I, HVAC-R/MAR – JW-$146*/HVAC-$170*
Cosmetology 1500 Hour – $659*
Journeyman Welding II – $146*
* Amount not covered by Post 9/11 (Background check, books, certifications, dues and/or license)
What will you pay for college
Cost of attendance minus total grants and scholarships is determined by program. Refer to cost table to calculate cost of each program.
Grants and scholarships to pay for college
Federal Pell Grant
Up to $5,730
Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan
Up to $6,000
Ridgeland, Mississippi campus