Are there any Military Education Benefits Available at Delta Tech?
Students who are active duty or veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces may be eligible for education benefits through the Department of Veterans Affairs to assist them in paying for their education. The Montgomery GI Bill® (MGIB) is available for those who are active duty or veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces. The Post-9/11 GI Bill® is available for veteran students.
What is the Post-9/11 GI Bill®?
The Post-9/11 GI Bill® reimburses your tuition and fees directly to your school, and makes housing and other payments directly to you.
The following is approved under the Post-9/11 GI Bill®:
- Correspondence training
- Cooperative training
- Entrepreneurship training
- Flight training
- Independent and distance learning
- Institutions of higher learning undergraduate and graduate degrees
- Licensing and certification reimbursement
- Vocational/technical training, non-college degree programs
- National testing reimbursement
- On-the-job training
- Tuition Assistance top-up
- Tutorial assistance
- Vocational/technical training
What benefits can I get through the Post-9/11 GI Bill® (Chapter 33)?
The Post-9/11 GI Bill® program is comprised of multiple payments. All payments and maximum amounts are applicable to individuals eligible for the full benefit (100% eligibility tier). If you are not eligible for the full benefit, the payment and maximum amounts listed will be prorated based on your eligibility percentage.
Under the Post-9/11 GI Bill®, while attending Non- College Degree Granting Institutions, you may receive:
- Help paying for tuition
- Money for books and supplies
*Actual net costs for in-state tuition & fees not to exceed $25,162.14 during the academic year.
You may also be eligible to receive:
- a monthly housing allowance sent to you
- a books and supplies stipend sent to you
- a one-time rural benefit for certain veterans
For more information and for the latest Payment Rates, please visit the U.S. Department of Veteran’s Affairs website.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
This Institution is approved to offer GI Bill educational benefits by the Mississippi State Approving Agency.